Nutrition is confusing!
There’s a heck of a lot of information and opinion about food out there. How does anybody sift through it all and find what’s right?
The answer is: With help!!
The Healthy Eating Hub is Canberra’s largest collective of University qualified nutritionists and dietitians, who CAN HELP. The Healthy Eating Hub practitioners have spent years studying food and nutrition, so that you don’t have to. We provide practical tools and advice to make healthy eating a reality in your life.
The Healthy Eating Hub was established in December 2013 by Kate Freeman, Nutritionist. Since then we have grown to two practice locations; in Harrison and Woden and collectively our team has more than 20 years of experience in the health and fitness industry.
Our Food Philosophy
We believe in:
- building a diet out of whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible
- nutrition recommendations based on scientific evidence
- using the Australian Dietary Guidelines as just that; a guideline
- Individualising your diet to work within your lifestyle
We don’t believe in:
- eliminating foods or food groups without sound evidence,
- demonising individual nutrients, or
- taking a one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition
Our Healthy Eating Approach
Our approach to healthy eating is based on two things:
- A belief that healthy eating applies to everyone, yet looks different for everyone, and
- A passion for educating and empowering people to feed themselves well for the long term
We know that healthy eating is about keeping food; Simple, Fresh and Balanced. These three principles are the center of everything we do.
We take a Simple Fresh and Balanced approach with all our advice and have seen that improving overall diet quality can positively influence the health and well-being of people from all walks of life.
Most of all we love food. We love eating food, cooking food, planning for food and simplifying food for our clients. Through our one-on-one consultations we focus on understanding, experiencing, preparing and tasting simple, fresh and balanced foods