This Almond Quinoa Porridge recipe is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Laura Hartsuiker! We increased the yoghurt serving slightly to make a full protein serve but otherwise didn’t change a thing. We’ve also added the nutritional content. Thanks for sharing Laura!
Almond Quinoa Porridge
- ½ cup quinoa, white
- 1 cup milk, any
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 200 g yoghurt, natural
- 2 tbsp almonds, raw coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp maple syrup, pure
- Place quinoa in a fine sieve, rinse under cold running water.
- Place drained quinoa in a medium saucepan with milk, ½ cup water and the cinnamon.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon porridge into two bowls.
- Top with yoghurt, almonds and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- ¾ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- ¼ serve fat