This Almond Quinoa Porridge recipe is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Laura Hartsuiker! We increased the yoghurt serving slightly to make a full protein serve but otherwise didn’t change a thing. The original submission suggested pomegranate seeds, however we had berries at the time of trying this recipe, either would taste great! We’ve also added the nutritional content. Thanks for sharing Laura!
Almond Quinoa Porridge
- ½ cup quinoa, white
- 1 cup milk, any
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 200 g yoghurt, natural
- 2 tbsp almonds, raw coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp pomegranate seeds, or berries
- 2 tsp maple syrup, pure
- Place quinoa in a fine sieve, rinse under cold running water.
- Place drained quinoa in a medium saucepan with milk, ½ cup water and the cinnamon.
- Bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon porridge into two bowls.
- Top with yoghurt, almonds and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- ¾ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- ¼ serve fat