Apple Muesli Porridge
Got a busy morning ahead and won’t get a chance to eat until lunch? By combining oats with fruit, seeds and nuts this option has a good amount of protein, fibre and healthy fats which will help keep appetite satisfied for longer.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 1/3 cup oats, rolled
- 1 2/3 cup water use milk for more protein
- pinch salt
- 1 apple, granny smith diced
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts, raw unsalted, chopped
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2 tsp pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp coconut, flakes
- 2 tsp honey
- dash milk, any optional
- Add granny smith apple to the base recipe in a saucepan. Cook on low heat for 5-6 mins until it is cooked to a smooth consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine the mixed nuts, sultanas, pepitas, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a bowl.
- Once cooked, divide the porridge into 2 bowls. Add half of the seed, nut and sultana mixture to each bowl.
- Top with honey and add milk if desired. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 70%
- 1 1/2 serve carbohydrate
- 2 serve fat
- 1 serve fruit
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 92mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 30g | Calcium: 68mg