Apple Oat Crumble with Yoghurt
This healthy dessert could even make a delicious and nutritious afternoon tea snack!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 apple, granny smith peeled, de-cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp nutmeg spice
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup oats, rolled
- ⅓ cup flour, wholemeal, plain
- ¼ cup coconut, shredded
- ¼ cup sugar, brown
- ¼ cup walnuts, raw crushed
- 1 tbsp pepitas (optional)
- 70 g butter cubed, room temperature
- 200 g yoghurt, greek
- To stew the apples: Place apples, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon in a saucepan and cover with water, just above the line of apples.
- Bring the saucepan to the boil and allow mixture to simmer, over low heat, uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the apples are soft. Stir occasionally.Remove apples from heat, drain any excess water and set aside.
- To make the crumble:Preheat oven to 160o
- Add oats, wholemeal flour, coconut, brown sugar, walnuts and pepitas to a mixing bowl. Once butter has reached room temperature, gently rub into mixture using your fingers. Do not microwave butter. The mixture should resemble bread crumbs.
- Divide the apples between four oven proof mini ramekins. Top with oat mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly golden in colour. Serve hot with a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 67% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- ¼ serve protein
- 1 serve fruit
- 2 serve fat
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 40mg | Sugar: 30g