Full of fresh flavours, its a nice light meal that still leaves you feeling nice and satisfied. Not to mention, its a great way to eat those vitamin, mineral and antioxidant packed green leafy vegetables. Each mouthful is doing you good!
Asian Style Chicken Broth
Easy and flavoursome soup packed full of green leafy veg!
Servings: 2 people
- 300 g noodles, hokkien fresh
- 360 g chicken, breast 1 large breast, sliced
- ½ tbsp oil, peanut
- 3 tsp ginger, fresh grated or minced
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 2 chilli, red deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 cup stock, chicken salt reduced, GF if required
- 2 tbsp soy sauce GF if required
- ¼ tbsp oil, sesame
- 4 tsp sugar, brown
- 4 shallot thinly sliced
- ½ cup bean shoots
- 1 bok choy baby, roughly chopped
- 1 pak choy baby, roughly chopped
- 1 lime to serve
- Divide the noodles into 2 large bowls.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large wok over high heat. Add garlic, ginger and half the chilli. Cook for 30 seconds and then add half the stock. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low.
- Add chicken to wok and cook for about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside, covered, to rest. Add the remaining stock, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar to the wok and bring to the boil.
- Add the bean shoots, bok choy and pak choy and cook for a further minute or until just wilted. Remove from the heat and ladle over the noodles. Wait 2-3 minutes.
- Separate the noodles with a fork, and top with the chicken and shallots. Serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
Making it FODMAP friendly:
- Swap the peanut oil for a garlic infused oil
- Omit garlic from the recipe or cook garlic in large chucks and remove the cloves before adding chicken stock
- Use the green part of the shallots rather than the white parts
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 2 ½ serve vegetables
- 1 serve fat
Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 3285mg | Fiber: 2.5g