Life can get chaotic and most of us are always trying to work out fast, healthy, yet tasty and easy meals that can make life that little bit easier. I like things to be simple, and healthy eating doesn’t have to be complicated.
This quick and easy chicken salad is super tasty. The secret being the sweet and tangy dressing. If you make two to three days worth ahead of time, then you’ve got lunch sorted for the first half of the week! A healthy eater is an organised eater.
BBQ Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 cup lettuce, leaves, mixed
- 1 cucumber, Lebanese sliced
- 1 capsicum, red sliced
- ½ onion, red thinly sliced
- 320 g chicken, breast, cooked roughly shredded, skin removed and discarded
- 120 g cheese, feta cubed or crumbled
- 2 tsp mustard, wholegrain
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp oil, olive
- 4 tbsp vinegar, red wine
- Combine the wholegrain mustard, honey, olive oil and vinegar in a small jar or container, secure with a lid and shake well. Set aside.
- Combine all the salad ingredients and toss. Divide into 4 bowls or containers. Top each bowl of salad with the chicken and feta.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- 1 serve protein
- 2 ½ serves vegetables
- 1 serve fat