This Beef and Bean Burrito recipe is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Laura! We loved it so much, we didn’t change a thing! It’s a great, wholesome recipe. We also added the nutritional content.
Beef and Bean Burritos
Servings: 6 people
- oil, olive, spray
- 1 onion, brown peeled and diced
- 500 g beef, mince, premium lean
- 2 tsp cumin, spice or coriander spice
- 1 tsp paprika, spice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste reduced salt
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 capsicum, red finely diced
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 420 g corn, kernels, canned rinsed and drained
- 400 g tomato, diced, canned
- 400 g beans, kidney, canned rinsed and drained
- 12 wrap, wholegrain, small 30g each (small)
- 2 cup cheese, tasty, low fat grated
- 3 tomato, common diced
- 6 lettuce leaves shredded
- 3 onion, spring trimmed, chopped (including green tops)
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mince and brown for 5 minutes, stirring to break up lumps.
- Mix through cumin/coriander, paprika and season with pepper; cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, stir well to combine then add zucchini, capsicum, carrot, corn kernels, tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or longer if time permits, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on high, or according to packet instructions.
- Place 2 tortillas on each plate. Using a slotted spoon to remove excess sauce, top each tortilla with ½ cup beef mix and sprinkle with cheese. Add tomatoes, lettuce and spring onions then roll up to enclose filling.
Whole foods: 80% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 ½ serves carbohydrate
- ½ serve protein
- 3 serves vegetables
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 719mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 16g | Calcium: 413mg