Black Beans, Rice and Salsa
A delicious, plate modelled vegetarian meal.
Servings: 4 people
- 700 g beans, black, canned drained and rinsed
- 200 g rice, basmati uncooked
- 2 onion, brown finely diced
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 800 g tomato, diced, canned
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tomato, common diced
- ½ bunch coriander, fresh finely chopped
- 1 lime juice only
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute until the onion is soft. Add the black beans, taco seasoning and tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for a furthur 5 minutes or until the sauce slightly reduces and thickens.
- To make the salsa combine the diced tomatoes, avocado, coriander and lime juice in a bowl.
- Serve each plate with a portion of rice, black beans and salsa. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 80% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 2 serve vegetables
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 833mg | Fiber: 25g | Sugar: 22g | Calcium: 196mg