Capsicum Quinoa and Haloumi
An easy, tasty vegetarian meal packed full of nutrition.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- 1 onion, red finely diced
- 1 capsicum, red finely diced
- 200 g quinoa, white
- 1 tsp stock, powder, chicken
- 360 g cheese, haloumi sliced into ½ cm thick strips
- 1 lemon juice only
- ¼ bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sugar, caster
- Heat a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add half of the oil and sauté the onion and capsicum until soft.
- Add the quinoa, 2 ½ cups of water and the chicken stock powder to the capsicum and onion in the frying pan and stir to combine. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until all the water is gone. Stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a second non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the strips of halloumi and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden on each side. Set aside.
- To make the dressing: Combine the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and sugar in a small bowl.
- Serve each bowl with a quarter of the quinoa mixture. Top with halloumi and dressing. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 62% One serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- ½ serve fat
- 2 serve vegetables
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 2514mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Calcium: 538mg