Carrot Cake Porridge
Carrots teamed with the oats, nuts and fruit you’ve got a well-balanced breakfast.
Servings: 2 people
Base recipe ingredients
- 1⅓ cup oats, rolled
- 1⅔ cup water for more protein use milk instead
- pinch salt, table
- 1 carrot medium size, grated
- ¼ cup walnuts, raw chopped
- 2 tbsp raisins chopped
- 2 tsp sugar, brown
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg spice
- ¼ cup milk (optional) soy for vegan option
- Add all of the ingredients to the base recipe in a saucepan. Cook on low heat for 8-10 mins until it is cooked to a smooth consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, divide the porridge into 2 bowls. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 60% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 ½ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve fat
- ½ serve vegetable
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 112mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g | Calcium: 65mg