This Chicken and Vegetable Bake recipe is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Laura! It’s a tasty and very simple one pan dinner that’s plate modelled, with plenty of vegetables and lots of whole foods. We made recommendations for the chicken and potato portion, so that you’re getting a full carbohydrate and protein serve per person. We also added the nutritional content.
Chicken and Vegetable Bake
- 4 tbsp vinegar, balsamic
- 2 tbsp oil, olive
- 2 tsp honey
- salt and pepper
- 720 g chicken, breast cut into 3cm strips
- 1000 g potato, chat cut in half
- 4 carrot cut in half lengthways and across
- 1 broccoli cut into florets
- 250 g tomato, cherry
- 2 tbsp parsley, flat leaf, fresh finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200° celsius (fan forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine vinegar, oil and honey in a blender or food processor (or just shake in a bottle). Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss 2 tablespoons of marinade with the chicken strips and set aside.
- Toss 2 tablespoons of marinade with potatoes and carrots and then roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken, broccoli and tomatoes to the tray, drizzle with remaining glaze and cook for another 12 minutes (or until chicken is cooked).
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serves vegetables