Chicken, Corn Cobs and Salad
Sometimes simple is best with this chicken version of your standard 'meat and 3 veg' meal.
Servings: 2 people
- 360 g chicken, breast butterflied
- 2 corn, cob husk removed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cup lettuce, leaves, mixed
- 1 cucumber, Lebanese small, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, common small, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tbsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp salt, table
- To make the chicken marinade, combine the lemon juice, oregnao and garlic in a bowl. Add the butterflied chicken breast and toss to coat.
- Immediately heat a BBQ or grill to med-high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat onto a dinner plate and cover with foil. Allow to rest. This will ensure it completely cooks through without being dry.
- Meanwhile, heat the corn in the microwave (3-4 minutes) or steamer (8-10 minutes).
- Serve each plate with a piece of chicken breast, an ear of corn and a side salad of lettuce, cucumber and tomoato. Top your hot corn with butter. Serve and enjoy!
Whole foods: 78% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve crabohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serves vegetables
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 206mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 16g | Calcium: 162mg