About a month ago we did a mini quiche recipe which was absolutely delicious. While whipping that recipe up we got a bit creative and added some leftover ingredients to create something just as tasty. CHICKEN MINI QUICHES!
These little babies are are a protein rich lunch or snack, packed full of flavour. We made a big batch and used them for lunch for the rest of the week.
Give these mini quiches a try – or get creative with what’s left in your fridge and create a new combination. We’d love to hear what you come up with!
Chicken Mini Quiches
- 8 sheets pastry, filo
- 6 egg
- 70 g tomato, sundried finely chopped
- 200 g chicken, breast, cooked shredded
- 2 cup spinach, baby (or 2 frozen cubes)
- 60 g cheese, feta
- oil, olive, spray
- Lightly grease muffin tray and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In a bowl whisk eggs. Add sundried tomato, chicken, spinach and feta and mix until combined.
- Cut filo pastry into 10cm by 10 cm squares. Line each hole muffin tray with filo pastry. Lightly spray pastry with olive oil.
- Evenly pour egg mixture into each filo cup.
- Lightly spray the tops of the pastry with oil and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until egg is firm and pastry is golden.
- Serve with a green salad. Makes 12. 4 per serve.
1 serve carbohydrate
1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
½ serve vegetables
For more meal ideas and inspiration, come in for a chat with one of our friendly practitioners. You can call the office or make an appointment online.