Wraps are one of our favourite meals to have for lunch. You can put anything you like in them. These chicken wraps are a favourite combination of our members.
We just love all the fresh, beautiful flavours and it’s really filling, keeping us quite happy till afternoon tea time.
Chicken and Tabouli Wraps
- 500 g chicken, breast 1 large breast
- 4 wrap, wholegrain
- 8 tbsp hummus
- 140 g cheese, tasty, low fat grated
- 1 serve tabouli
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 carrot grated
- Place the whole chicken breast in a small saucepan. Add the chopped shallot and season with salt and pepper. Cover with boiling water and allow to boil for about 7-8 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it rest in the water for a further 20 minutes, keep the lid on.
- Meanwhile, spread each wrap with 2 tbsp hummus. Top with grated cheese and carrot and 1 serve of the tabouli mixture.
- Remove chicken from the water. Thinly slice it with a knife or shred it with your fingers. Add the chicken to each wrap, roll up and serve. Enjoy!
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1¼ serve protein
- 2 serve vegetables
¾ serve fat