Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
A tasy Asian meal that you can make yourself!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup rice, brown uncooked
- 2 tbsp oil, peanut
- 500 g chicken, tenderloins cut into inch sized pieces
- 12 mushroom, common finely sliced
- 1 capsicum, red cut into thin sticks
- 1 carrot cut into thin sticks
- 3 clove garlic crushed
- 1 onion, red quartered
- 2 tbsp soy sauce GF if required
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce GF if required
- 20 snow peas ends removed
- 1 bunch choy sum cut into 3 inch long sections
- 80 g cashews, raw
- Cook the brown rice by following the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ of the oil in a large non-stick fry pan or wok. Add the chicken pieces in batches and cook until golden. Remove from the heat and repeat with the remaining chicken and set aside.
- Heat the remaining portion of oil in the pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Add the mushrooms, capsicum and carrot and stir fry for a further 3 minutes. Add the chicken back into the pan along with the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Finally add the snow peas, choy sum and cashews and cook for 1 minute or until the choy sum has just wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Immediately serve with a portion of brown rice. Enjoy!
Whole foods 77% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 2 serves fat
- 3 serves vegetables
Calories: 620kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1235mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 90mg