How good would it be, if you could just throw a few ingredients together, wrap them up in foil and make a parcel, whack that parcel in the oven and then 25 minutes later – voila! A super tasty, nutritious and delicious meal is ready and waiting to be devoured!
Well, have I got good news for you! This meal is simply that easy and simply that delicious! I promise! Rich in protein and fibre, you’ll love how easy this meal is and how good it tastes! My team ate every last piece when we tested it in The Healthy Eating Hub kitchen this week! Why not give it a try!
Chicken and White Bean Parcels
- 1 onion, red finely chopped
- ¼ bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh finely chopped
- 1 bunch basil, fresh finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 400 g beans, cannellini, canned drained
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- 2 chicken, thigh
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add red onion, parsley, basil, lemon juice, cannellini beans and olive oil into a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Prepare 2 sheets of foil and 2 sheets of baking paper, roughly 15cm by 15cm each. Place the baking paper on top of the foil, this will make two separate parcels.
- Divide the bean mixture evenly between the two parcels, place a chicken thigh directly on top. Sprinkle with salt.
- Make your parcels by wrapping the mixture and chicken in the foil and baking paper, ensuring there are no gaps on the sides.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 25mins.
- Serve with a fresh salad or steamed vegetables and enjoy!
½ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
½ serve fat
¼ serve vegetables