Chickpea and Couscous Salad
A vegetarian, plate modelled meal great for lunches and dinners!
Servings: 1 people
- 170 g chickpeas, canned (1 cup) drained and rinsed
- 50 g couscous, wholemeal, dry
- ¼ avocado cubed
- ½ lemon juice + zest
- ½ cup tomato, cherry halved
- ¼ tsp stock, powder, chicken
- 1 cup spinach, baby finely shredded
- 20 g cheese, feta optional
- ⅛ bunch chives finely chopped
- Combine the couscous, stock powder, chives, lemon juice and zest in a heat proof bowl. Cover with boiling water and stir until stock dissolves. Allow to sit until all the water has been absorbed. Fluff up with a fork.
- Combine the couscous mixture, chickpeas, avocado, baby spinach, tomatoes, chives and feta in a bowl and toss to combine. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 67% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 2 serves vegetables
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 883mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 4g | Calcium: 212mg