Creamy Vanilla Porridge with Berries
This option feels like eating dessert for breakfast. The yoghurt not only gives it a creamy texture but also boosts the protein and calcium content.
Servings: 2 people
Base Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/3 cup oats, rolled
- 2 2/3 cup water
- pinch salt, table
- 1 cup berries, frozen or fresh if in season
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 g yoghurt, greek or plain
- 1 tbsp honey or other sweetener of choice, optional
- Add the berries and vanilla essence to the base recipe in a saucepan. Cook on low heat for 5-6 mins until it is cooked to a smooth consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, divide the porridge into 2 bowls. Add half of the yoghurt to each bowl. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 100% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1/2 serve protein
- 1/2 serve fruit
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 48mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Calcium: 268mg