Fish and Chips
This homemade version of a popular takeaway is guaranteed to make everyone happy.
Servings: 4 people
- 800 g fish, fillet, white (4 large fillets)
- 800 g potato, large cut into 2.5cm chunks, keep skin on
- 2 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- 1 lemon cut into quarters
- 4 tsp mixed herbs, dried
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan, cover with water and bring it to the boil. Reduce the heat and allow them to simmer until just soft. About 10-12 minutes. Drain well.
- Toss the drained potatoes in olive oil, a pinch of salt and dried mixed herbs. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place fish fillets on foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap up and set aside.
- Place the fish parcels into the oven for the remaining 20 minutes of the potatoes cooking time. Continue to bake until the potatoes are golden and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve one fillet of fish, with a portion of potatoes, a wedge of lemon and your choice of mixed salad or steamed mixed vegetables.
Whole foods: 75% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 124mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g