Bruschetta is one of my favourite foods. I love the combination of flavours. Think fresh tomato and basil, tart balsamic vinegar and fragrant garlic. Pop it all on some crusty sourdough bread and you’ve got a flavour party in your mouth. You can try my latest twist – Ricotta Whip Bruschetta – for something a little different! I reckon it totally improves on the original recipe.
The love of these flavours runs so deep that I began experimenting with other ways that I could use them. The result? My Fish with Tomato and Feta Salsa recipe was born. It’s a delicious combination of beautiful fresh flavours piled on top of a lovely piece of pan-fried fish. Yum!
It’s a delicious, low carbohydrate, high protein meal, that’s quick and easy to whip up on a weeknight. White fish is a fantastic low fat protein, and rich in nutrition. Just add some baked potatoes or wholewheat couscous for some extra carbohydrate if you need it. Enjoy!
Fish with Tomato and Feta Salsa
- 1 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- 4 fish, fillet, white 200g each fillet
- ½ small onion, red
- 3 tomato, roma diced
- ⅛ bunch basil, fresh finely chopped
- 80 g cheese, feta crumbled
- 1 tbsp vinegar, balsamic
- salt and pepper
- Heat a grill plate or frying pan over medium-high heat. Heat half of the olive oil. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through and slightly golden on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion, tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil in a small bowl. Toss to combine.
- To serve place one fillet of fish on a dinner plate, top with 3-4 tbsp of salsa and a small sprinkle of feta cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 ½ serve protein
- 1 serve vegetables
- ½ serve fat