Haloumi and Lentil Salad
A delicious, filling salad that you'll want to make again and again!
Servings: 1 people
- 80 g cheese, haloumi thinly sliced
- 140 g lentils, canned (¾ cup) drained and rinsed
- 1 cup rocket, baby
- ½ cup tomato, cherry halved
- ½ cucumber, Lebanese cut into long thin strips
- 2 tsp oil, olive
- ½ lemon juiced
- ⅛ bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar, caster
- To make the dressing: Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and caster sugar in a small bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- To cook the haloumi, place inside a fold of baking paper and cook in the sandwich press, lid down, until golden. It will be nice and thin and crispy!
- Combine the haloumi, lentils, cucumber, rocket, cherry tomatoes and dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 55% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serve vegetables
Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 2371mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 10g | Calcium: 720mg