When it comes to warming up on a cold winters night, theres nothing quite like a hearty pumpkin soup. Full of body and flavour this soup is very filling and satisfying, boasting 8g of fibre per serve.
The addition of the cannellini beans is what boosts the fibre content also giving it a beautiful creamy texture and flavour. It’s divine.
Make sure you make up a big batch when you cook it so you’ve got leftover serves for later on.
Hearty Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- 1 onion, brown finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 kg pumpkin skin removed and chopped into chunks
- 400 g potato, medium skin left on and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp rosemary, fresh leaves removed from the sprigs
- 2 tbsp stock, powder, chicken vegetable stock powder for vegans, GF if required
- 1 can beans, cannellini, canned drained
- 100 g yoghurt, greek coconut or soy yoghurt for vegan option
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté them until the onion is soft.
- Add the pumpkin and potato and toss with the onion for 1-2 minutes. Add enough water to just cover the vegetables and stir in the stock powder and fresh rosemary. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add the cannelloni beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Using a blender or stick blender, process the soup until smooth and lump free.
- Add 1 tbsp of yoghurt per bowl and sprinkle with cracked pepper before serving. Enjoy!
- ½ serve carbohydrates
- ¼ serve protein
- 2 ¼ serve vegetables
- ½ serve fat