This Indian Chicken Curry recipe is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Tracey! We suggested brown rice and a side of steamed greens for a whole food-based and plate-modelled meal. We’ve also added the nutritional content.
Simple, easy, delicious and plate modelled, just how we like it. Next time you have a craving for curry, skip the takeaway and whip up this easy recipe instead!
Indian Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp oil, peanut
- 2 onion, brown diced
- 2 tbsp Pataks curry paste Korma
- 500 g chicken, breast diced, can also use thighs
- 400 g tomato, diced, canned
- 4 cups rice, brown cooked or instant microwave variety
- 2 cups snow peas or other greens of choice
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry onion until softened and starting to brown.
- Add curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add canned tomatoes and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cover the snow peas in boiling water and allow to sit for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Divide curry into 4 serves with rice, greens and sides of your choice such as chutney, greek yoghurt and coriander.
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve fat
- 3 serve vegetables