Pancakes with Caramelised Banana
A classic breakfast favourite.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 banana sliced, large, ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 g butter (1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp sugar, brown
- 1½ cup flour, wholemeal, self-raising
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 2 egg lightly beaten
- oil, olive, spray
- 260 g yoghurt, natural (1 cup)
- In a small frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add bananas and vanilla extract and stir until golden brown and soft. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine flour, buttermilk and eggs and beat with a whisk or electric beater until smooth.
- Lightly spray a fry pan with olive oil and cook 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Serve 3-4 pancakes topped with carmelised bananas and yoghurt. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 50% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve fruit
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 13.2g | Fat: 10.2g | Saturated Fat: 5.5g | Sodium: 388mg | Fiber: 6.2g | Sugar: 16.2g