Salmon is a fantastic source of protein, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. It’s also incredibly tasty and despite popular opinion it’s extremely easy to cook.
This salmon with asian greens recipe is so quick and easy to prepare. It only takes 15 minutes to create from start to finish. Honestly – it’ll literally only take 15 minutes to have this delicious, nutritious meal in front of family for dinner without having it pre-prepped and a massive film and stage crew at your disposal!
It’s also great as leftovers the next for lunch day, so don’t forget to make extra!
Salmon with Asian Greens and Rice
- 400 g salmon, fillet, fresh
- 200 g rice, basmati
- 1 bunch bok choy roughly chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, Chinese roughly chopped
- 1 bunch pak choy roughly chopped
- 5 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh finely chopped
- 1 chilli, red, small finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil, peanut
- 1 tbsp soy sauce GF if required
- Bring a medium saucepan of water up to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium heat. Add the salmon fillets, skin side down, and cook, over low heat, for 3-4 minutes. Flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the asian greens, garlic, chilli, ginger, peanut oil and soy sauce into a large mixing bowl. Using your hands toss all the ingredients together until fully coated with oil and flavour.
- Heat a wok or fry pan over high heat. Add the greens mixture to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just wilted. It will smell amazing!
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve fat
- 2 serve vegetable