Steak, Potato and Vegetables
An easy peasy 'meat and 3 veg' dinner!
Servings: 2 people
- 150 g beef, steak lean portion
- 400 g potato, chat skin on, quartered
- 2 tbsp cream, sour
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 200 g beans, green ends removed
- 1 carrot peeled, cut into sticks
- oil, olive, spray
- 1 tsp salt, table
- Pre-heat your oven to 200° C. Boil the potatoes in a saucepan for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain throughly and spread onto an oven tray. Lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat a BBQ or grill over high heat. Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes per side depening on your liking and how thick it is. Remove from the heat onto a dinnerplate nad cover with foil to rest. This will help it continue to cook slightly and not dry out.
- Steam the vegetables - broccolinni, beans and carrots - in a steamer for 6-8 minutes or in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. Divide evenly across the plates.
- Evenly divide the steak, potato and vegetables between the plates. Add a dollop of sour cream to the potatoes. Serve and enjoy!
Whole foods: 71% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serve vegetables
Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 174mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 13g | Calcium: 123mg