Stuffed Capsicum with Mediterranean Inspired Cauliflower Rice
A deliciously filling vegetarian dinner!
Servings: 4 people
- 250 g pumpkin, butternut cut into cubes
- 4 capsicum, red washed, tops cut off, seed removed
- 2 tbsp oil, olive
- 2 tbsp herbs, dried, mixed
- ½ cauliflower grated into cauliflowr rice
- 200 g beans, 4 bean mix, canned
- 200 g corn, kernels, canned
- 300 ml tomato passata sauce
- 1 cup spinach, baby roughly chopped
- 60 g cheese, tasty, low fat grated (½ cup)
- ⅓ cup parsley, flat leaf, fresh roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a baking tray coat pumpkin with olive oil and Italian herbs and bake for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Remove pumpkin from tray. To the same tray, add in the capsicums. Bake for 5 minutes and remove.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the cauliflower rice, bean mix, corn kernels, roasted pumpkin, parsley and passata. Combine mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each capsicum with the Mediterranean mix and top with cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Whole foods: 88% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- ½ serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3¾ serve vegetables
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 461mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 23g