Sweet Chilli and Coconut Tofu Stir Fry
Keen to give tofu a try but not sure how to go about cooking it? Want to eat more meat-free meals? Or maybe you're vegetarian or vegan and need some flavour inspiration? This recipe is for all of you!
Servings: 4 people
- 600 g tofu, firm
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 200 ml coconut milk, canned low fat
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli, flakes
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp oil, peanut
- 2 carrot chopped into sticks
- 1 capsicum, any chopped into sticks
- 2 cups snow peas trimmed and chopped
- 450 g rice, brown, instant can cook own
- Wrap your tofu in paper towel, place between two large plates and place a moderately heavy object on top (a few cans of beans, a pan, a large book etc.) Depending on how much time you have, leaving it to drain for 5-30 minutes is recommended. The more water we extract, the more flavour the tofu will be able to absorb!
- Cut your tofu into even portions to allow for even cooking time.
- Combine the sweet chilli sauce, coconut milk, soy sauce, chilli flakes and lime in a bowl to make the marinade.
- Marinate your tofu in a bowl or container for a minimum of 30 minutes (I find over night is best!)
- Heat the oil in a large frypan or wok. Add the marinated tofu with extra sauce and cook until golden. Remove from wok and put it aside on a plate.
- Next, add the carrots and capsicum to the wok and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add the snow peas and and toss for a further 2 minutes.
- Add tofu back in to wok and mix with vegetables. Serve with steamed brown rice.
Whole foods: 70% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve protein
- 1 ¼ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve of fat
- 2 serve of vegetables
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 907mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 21g | Calcium: 528mg