A delicious, hot plate of Asian takeaway has comfort food written all over it. However, this kind of takeaway is expensive, often takes over 30 minutes to deliver and is high in energy due to added fats and sugars. To help you enjoy a lazy Friday night with a delicious Asian meal, we created this simple chicken teriyaki recipe, as part of our healthy convenience meals series. It’s loaded with protein, fibre and nutrients and will help you feel relaxed and tick your nutritional needs!
- 1 tbsp oil, sesame
- 360 g chicken, breast cubed
- 1 bunch broccolini ends removed
- 2 cup snow peas ends removed
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade gluten free if required
- 1 pouch rice, brown, instant (2 serves)
- Combine the oil, half of the teriyaki sauce and chicken in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add the chicken, stirring regularly. Once just cooked, removed from the wok and set aside.
- Meanwhile cover the broccolini and snow peas in boiling water and allow to sit for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the brown rice as per the packet directions.
- Serve each plate with half the rice, half the chicken and half the vegetables. Drizzle each plate with the remaining teriyaki sauce. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve fat
- 2 serve vegetables