Canberra’s Specialist Dietitians
We’re Canberra’s largest nutrition and dietetics team ready to help you with managing complex nutritional issues, or helping treat underlying medical conditions with specialist nutrition therapy.
The Hub Clinic is for individuals with complex underlying medical conditions needing specialist nutrition advice and care. The Hub Clinic is also for you if you have a Medicare referral from your GP or you’d like to claim using private health insurance. Our dietitians can help you with:
- Obesity and weight management
- Chronic disease management (including Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular disease)
- Type 1 Diabetes management
- High cholesterol and high blood pressure management
- Coeliac disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) – crohns and colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Diverticular disease
- Functional bowel and gut disorders
- Food intolerances (chemical and FODMAP)
- Vegetarian/vegan nutrition
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Eating disorders
We’re genuinely interested in teaching you how to eat well long term. That’s why we focus on building healthy habits into your lifestyle, rather than offer you a quick fix. We can’t change your eating habits in one session but we can, over a series of appointments, set you up to become a long term healthy eater and achieve your goals. We guide our clients through the pathway below:
Our experienced practitioners take the time to get to know you, your lifestyle and your goals and then offer tailored nutrition advice to suite your food preferences and needs. We are also able to accuratly measure your body composition with our InBody 570 scanner, refer you for blood tests to monitor nutritionally related conditions and teach practical cooking skills in our built-in kitchen facility.
You’ll expect to receive a range of different resources that are appropriate for you and your situation which may include meal and snack ideas, portion sizes, protein/fibre/carbohydrate counters, food recommendations, elimination diets, challenge protocols, recipes, example meal plans, food organisation tools and much more!
For more detailed information on which dietitian is the right one for you, check out our team member profiles here.
|Monday||9am – 5pm Rebecca Mete||1pm – 5pm Michelle Bulman|
|Tuesday||8am – 3.30pm Kate Freeman
2pm – 5pm Michelle Bulman
|9am – 5pm Clare Wolski|
|Wednesday||8am – 4pm Clare Wolski
12pm – 8pm James Kuhn
|10am – 7pm Melissa Yip|
|Thursday||11am – 8pm Rebecca Mete
11am – 8pm Clare Wolski
|Friday||9am – 5pm Clare Wolski
9am – 5pm Melissa Yip
|9am – 5pm James Kuhn|
You can make a booking for a consultation at The Healthy Eating Hub by calling the office or booking online.
If you’re a new client please choose from the following appointment types upon booking and briefly describe what you would like the practitioner to help you with.
- First Consultation (60 minutes) – $150
- First Couples Consultation (90 minutes) – $225
- First Medicare Consultation – $150 (receive a rebate of $52.95 back into your account)
If you’re a current client please select the next consultation in your pathway.
- Second consultation (60 minutes) – $150
- Support consultation (30 minutes) – $80
Our practitioner’s time is valuable. When you book an appointment with The Healthy Eating Hub you agree to the following cancellation policy:
- Cancellations or reschedules within 24 hours of your appointment will be charged 50% of the scheduled service fee.
- If you do not call to cancel your appointment or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will be charged the full scheduled fee.
Private Health Insurance
Please see here for our Private Healthy Insurance Policy.
Please see here for our Medicare Policy.
Unfortunately, rebates or claiming through DVA is NOT available.
If you’re a GP and would like more information about our services and how we can help your patients, please click here.