Continuing the Toasted Sandwich Press Crusade, this recipe is something that we do for lunch regularly at The Healthy Eating Hub. It is a mix of really simple ingredients that requires minimal prep. I’ll often bring the un-chopped vegetables to work and pack the chicken breast and seasoning in a zip-lock bag , ready to cook in my lunch break. It’s a great excuse to step away from my desk and have a proper lunch break. This could also be an easy weeknight dinner. Pair it with some instant rice, roasted potato or four bean mix and you have a perfectly balanced plate.
Using pre mixed spices like Moroccan seasoning, taco seasoning, harissa seasoning is a simple way to add heaps of flavour without any extra salt, sugar or fats. Which means you can save your fat serve for something your really REALLY enjoy. In my case, that’s a good dollop of aioli. YUMM!!
Toasted Chicken and Vegetable Salad
- Sandwich press
- 400 g chicken, tenderloins
- 1 tsp Moroccan seasoning GF if required
- 1 zucchini cut into small chunks
- 1 capsicum, red cut into samll chunks
- 1 onion, red thinkly cut
- 1 lettuce, cos
- 2 tbsp aioli
- Cover the chicken with Moroccan seasoning in a snap lock bag. Once evenly covered, cook through on a sandwich press or a fry pan. Set aside once cooked.
- Lightly chargrill the zucchini, capsicum and onion in the same pan or sandwich press.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the chicken and vegetables to a plate of cos lettuce.
- Serve with aioli and enjoy.
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3½ serve vegetable