Toasted Pizza Sandwich
Sandwiches don’t have to be boring and can contain much more than just cheese or vegemite. Use your sandwich as an opportunity to nourish and you can easily include 2-3 serves of vegetables, healthy sources of protein and some healthy fats.
Servings: 1 person
- 2 slice bread, wholemeal (or wholemeal)
- ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 75 g ham, off the bone, lean portion
- 20 g mushroom, common (2 small) thinly sliced
- ½ capsicum, green diced
- ¼ onion, red sliced
- ¼ avocado sliced
- 20 g cheese, mozzarella reduced fat
- Spread one slice of bread with tomato paste. Top with ham, mushrooms, capsicum, baby spinach, red onion, avocado and cheese. Leave the cheese till last.
- Place the remaining slice of bread on top and toast in a sandwich press or jaffle maker until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden. Serve. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 88% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 2 serve vegetables
- 1 serve fat
Calories: 531kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 1261mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 299mg