Tuna and Avocado Sandwich
Sandwiches don’t have to be boring and can contain much more than just cheese or vegemite. Use your sandwich as an opportunity to nourish and you can easily include 2-3 serves of vegetables, healthy sources of protein and some healthy fats.
Servings: 1 person
- 90 g tuna, canned, in spring water drained
- 1 carrot (small)
- ½ tbsp mayonnaise, whole egg
- ¼ avocado mashed
- 3-4 leaf lettuce, oak leaf
- 2 slice bread, wholemeal (or sourdough)
- Combine the tuna, mayonnaise and carrot in a small bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto one slice of bread and top with a thick layer of the tuna mixture.
- Top with a few oak lettuce leaves and the remaining slice of bread. Serve and enjoy.
Whole foods: 83% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve protein
- 1¼ serves vegetables
- 2 serves fat
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 767mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g