Lets admit it, we have all attempted to eat a tuna salad for a week with the intention of being super duper healthy. There is nothing wrong with that! I even applaud you! There is one minor problem though. A tuna, lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad can get so boring and it tastes very bland after a while.
Tuna is a great source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids! A tuna salad can be great too, with this recipe! We have packed in different tastes and textures to add to the excitement. Plus, the seeded mustard adds a delicious flavour to pull the whole recipe together.
You can make up a big batch of this recipe and have it as a side with your dinners, or pack it for lunch. Tuna salad doesn’t have to be boring, you can still be super duper healthy without having to eat bland food all week. Can I get a ‘YAY’!
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 200 g pasta, spiral (high fibre or wholemeal)
- 360 g tuna, canned, in spring water drained (you can use 4x90g tins or a single larger tin)
- ½ bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh finely chopped
- 1 punnet tomato, cherry halved
- ½ onion, red finely chopped
- ½ cup corn, kernels, canned drained and rinsed
- 2 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tsp mustard, wholegrain
- 2 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the tuna, parsley, tomatoes, onion, corn and celery in a large bowl and toss. Add the lemon juice, mustard and olive and stir until everything is well coated.
- Once the pasta has cooled slightly, add this to the salad and thoroughly combine. Divide into four bowls and serve. Enjoy!
- 1¼ serve carbohydrate
- ½ serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 2 serve vegetables