On a cold winter’s night, when you’re tired after a long day, the desire for comfort food can be strong. With the right recipe, there’s no reason why you can’t make yourself a hot bowl of delicious pasta without compromising on your nutrition.
Lucky for you, this vegetable and tortellini bake is just the recipe for you. It’s part of our healthy convenience food series and you only need to buy minimal ingredients to get it on the table. Enjoy!
Vegetable Tortellini Bake
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 600 ml tomato passata sauce
- 200 g mushroom, common thinly sliced
- 1 capsicum, red finely chopped
- 1 packet tortellini, pre-made
- 80 g cheese, parmesan grated
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to the packet directions.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, capsicum and mushrooms and sauté until they are soft. Add the tomato passata and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine the passata sauce with the tortellini in a large oven proof dish and sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese or mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden. Serve with a side garden salad for extra vegetables and enjoy!
- 1½ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- ½ serve fat
- 1½ serve vegetables