This Vegetarian Nachos recipe is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Laura! Nachos is a delicious and easy meal, however, it’s easy for the energy to content to be high. We made recommendations for the avocado and sour cream portions to keep the energy lower and suggested the number of serves the whole recipe creates to ensure it’s well portion controlled. We also added the nutritional content.
- 175 g corn chips
- 435 g bean, refried
- 1 cup salsa thick and chunky
- 120 g cheese, tasty, low fat grated (1 cup)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato finely diced
- 2 tsp lime juice only
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cream, sour
- Pre-heat oven to 180° celsius (fan forced oven).
- Spread corn chips over a 6 cup baking tray and dollop the refried beans over chips - this can be a bit tricky but try to smooth it a little bit and squish it into some the chip crevices.
- Top with salsa and sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole by mashing the avocados in a bowl with a fork - leave it as smooth or as chunky as you like. Stir in tomato, coriander and lime juice. Season to your taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve up nachos with guacamole, coriander and a dollop of sour cream.
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 1 serves vegetables