Vegetarian Pad Thai
Lots of fresh vegetables and delicious flavours in this easy weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g noodles, pad thai dry
- 2 carrot finely sliced
- 1 capsicum, red finely sliced
- 1 zucchini finely sliced
- 2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 shallot including green, finely chopped
- 8 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp oil, peanut
- ½ bunch coriander, fresh finely chopped
- 80 g peanuts, raw (½ cup)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp stock, vegetable
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar, brown
- 2 tbsp vinegar, white
- 1 tsp chili flakes, dried can also use sambal oelek or sriracha
- In bottle or jar, combine all sauce ingredients and shake well. Set aside.
- Finely slice or peel carrots, capsicum and zucchini or use a vegetable spiralizer to make them into noodle thickness.
- Place noodles is a large heat proof bowl, cover with boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until they are soft and white.
- Meanwhile, heat half of the peanut oil in a large pan and fry eggs. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining peanut oil and stir fry carrot, capsicum, zucchini and bean sprouts for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain noodles and add them to the pan. Add the sauce, egg and shallots. Stir through until noodles are coated.
- Sprinkle with coriander and peanuts to serve.
Whole foods: 67% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve of protein
- 1¼ serve fat
- 2½ serve vegetables
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.3g | Protein: 15.4g | Fat: 17.8g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Sodium: 1100mg | Fiber: 5.6g | Sugar: 11.8g