This vegetarian quesadilla is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Laura Hartsuiker! We suggested adding red capsicum or other extra vegetables (eggplant, onion, silverbeet) and swapping to mountain bread wraps for a whole food-based and plate-modelled meal. We’ve also added the nutritional content.
- 1 corn, cob canned corn kernels also work
- 1 zucchini medium, diced
- 1 capsicum, red diced
- 2 mushroom, portobello large, diced
- 4 tomato, common diced
- 420 g beans, black, canned drained and rinsed
- 250 g rice, brown, instant Mexican style
- 3 tbsp chipotle Mexican style
- 1 cup parsley, flat leaf, fresh finely chopped
- 6 wrap, wholemeal mountain bread brand
- 1 cup cheese, tasty, low fat grated
- ¾ cup yoghurt, greek
- 1 lime juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line two trays with baking paper.
- Chop and prepare all the ingredients before starting.
- Lightly spray corn, zucchini and mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan on high heat. Cook corn, zucchini, capsicum and mushrooms turning often until tender.
- Cool corn, cut off kernels and place in a bowl with cooked zucchini, capsicum and mushrooms.
- Add the tomato, beans, rice, chipotle sauce and three-quarters of the parsley. Stir to combine.
- Lay wraps, one at a time, on oven trays.
- Spread 1 cup of vegetable mixture over one half of each wrap. Top with cheese and fold over. Repeat to make 6 quesadillas in total.
- Grill in oven until slightly brown on top.
To make the dressing:
- Combine yoghurt and lime juice into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot quesadillas topped with dressing and the rest of the chopped parsley.
- 1 ½ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- ½ serve fat
- 2 serves of vegetables