Turkey is a great protein rich food that’s versatile and easy to cook. We paired a good quality turkey breast (skin removed), provided to us by our good friends from Alpha Fresh, with some fresh asian greens and a simple sweet and sour chilli sauce. The result? A delicious low carbohydrate meal that’s really flavoursome and filling. Getting your daily dose of green vegetables is not difficult with a meal like this and you can whip it up in less than 20 minutes!
Warm Asian Turkey Salad
- 1 bunch bok choy roughly chopped
- 1 bunch pak choy roughly chopped
- ½ bunch mint, fresh finely chopped
- 2 cup snow peas
- 1 tbsp oil, olive
- 600 g turkey, breast (skin removed), cut into inch sized pieces
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the turkey pieces and cook, tossing regularly for 3-4 minutes until just browned. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest. Don’t worry if they’re not quite cooked through, they will continue cooking off the heat, but will still be moist and tender. If you overcook the turkey it will be dry and chewy.
- Meanwhile, place the bok choy, pak choy and snow peas into a large heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow it to stand for 3 minutes and then drain, shaking away as much of the excess water as you can. Pop the warm greens back into the heat proof bowl along with the cooked turkey breast.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, mint and crushed garlic to the bowl and toss the greens and turkey until well coated in the flavours. Serve onto four plates. Enjoy!
- 1 serve protein
- 3 serves vegetables
- ½ serve fat