Baked Chicken, Mushroom and Leek Risotto
There are many ways you can increase your vegetable intake or reduce the energy in a comforting, home cooked meal. This risotto recipe is a perfect example.
Servings 4 people
- 2 leek finely sliced
- 2 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- 500 g chicken, breast skin removed, diced (2 breasts)
- 200 g mushroom, common diced
- 200 g rice, arborio uncooked (1 cup)
- ⅓ cauliflower finely diced or grated to rice size
- 3 cup stock, chicken salt reduced
- 60 g cheese, parmesan grated (½ cup)
- parsley, flat leaf, fresh to serve
Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large oven proof pan. Cook the chicken in the pan for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Set chicken aside on a plate with paper towel.
Heat another 1 tbsp of oil in a large pan and add leek. Cook for 2-3 minute or until softened slightly.
Add mushrooms and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add the rice to the pan and stir in for 1 minute.
Pour in the stock and add cauliflower and chicken to the pan. Stir the contents of the pan together, cover and bring to the boil.
Transfer the pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from the oven and stir through parmesan cheese. Serve with chopped parsley.
Whole foods: 75%
1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 2 serves vegetables
Calories: 525kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 791mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g