Vietnamese Chicken Salad
A zesty vegetable rich meal that leaves you full and satisfied.
Servings 4 people
- ½ cabbage, chinese (wombok) shredded
- 1 cucumber, any thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 250 g snow peas ends removed, roughly chopped
- 1 capsicum, red cut into thin strips
- 2 onion, spring roughly chopped (or shallots)
- ¼ bunch mint, fresh finely chopped
- ¼ bunch basil, fresh finely chopped
- ¼ bunch coriander, fresh finely chopped
- 80 g cashews, dry roasted
- 1 tbsp oil, sesame
- ½ tbsp fish sauce GF if required
- 2 lime juiced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, fresh finely chopped
- ¼ tsp chilli, powder optional
- 720 g chicken, breast diced
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake until well-combined. Set aside.
In a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients (cabbage, cucumber, bean sprouts, snow peas, carrot, capsicum, spring onions, coriander, mint and basil).
Heat a non-stick fry pan and coat with oil spray. Cook chicken breast until lightly golden brown.
Add the cooked chicken to the salad, pour over the dressing and sprinkle with the crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 85%
1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve protein
- 2 serve fat
- 3 serve vegetable
Calories: 378kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 897mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 107mg