Tomato and Feta Pasta Bake
I've tried to make the current feta tomato pasta bake, that is popular on the internet, a healthier meal.
Servings 4 people
- 200 g cheese, feta, low fat Danish style
- 450 g tomato, cherry
- ½ onion, red finely chopped (70g)
- ½ capsicum, red diced (150g)
- 100 g mushroom, any sliced
- ½ tsp herbs, dried, Tuscan mix
- 1½ tbsp oil, olive
- 200 g pasta, high fibre San Remo Pasta Pro
- 30 g spinach, baby (large handful)
- 50 g cheese, tasty, low fat grated
Pre heat oven to 180° Celsius
Place the block of feta in an oven proof baking dish.
Surround the feta with the tomatoes, onion, capsicum and mushrooms and sprinkle everything with the dried herbs.
Pour over the olive oil and mix well into the vegetables. Bake for ½ an hour.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the packet directions.
Once the feta dish has baked, take it out of the oven and mix the cheese and vegetables together with the pasta and the baby spinach.
Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and back for another 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Whole foods: 70%
1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serves vegetables
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 647mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 332mg