This Tomato and Feta Pasta Bake recipe is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Ilona! She wanted to make the popular internet sensation healthier and she’s done an excellent job! It’s plate modelled, with plenty of vegetables and lots of whole foods. We made recommendations for the pasta portion and the number of serves the whole recipe creates to ensure it’s well portion controlled. We also added the nutritional content.
Tomato and Feta Pasta Bake
- 200 g cheese, feta, low fat Danish style
- 450 g tomato, cherry
- ½ red onion finely chopped (70g)
- ½ red capsicum diced (150g)
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- ½ tsp herbs, dried, Tuscan mix
- 1½ tbsp oil, olive
- 200 g pasta, high fibre San Remo Pasta Pro
- 30 g spinach, baby (large handful)
- 50 g cheese, tasty, low fat grated
- Pre heat oven to 180° Celsius
- Place the block of feta in an oven proof baking dish.
- Surround the feta with the tomatoes, onion, capsicum and mushrooms and sprinkle everything with the dried herbs.
- Pour over the olive oil and mix well into the vegetables. Bake for ½ an hour.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per the packet directions.
- Once the feta dish has baked, take it out of the oven and mix the cheese and vegetables together with the pasta and the baby spinach.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and back for another 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serves vegetables