This delicious combination of beetroot, green beans and feta can be enjoyed as a side dish, or a larger serve as a light meal. Not only is packed full of flavour and healthy fats but beetroot is a great source of inorganic nitrate which has been shown to help reduce blood pressure.
Beetroot, Green Beans & Feta
- 350 g beetroot, cooked 1 bunch (4-5 medium)
- 200 g beans, green
- 40 g walnuts, raw crushed, (2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- 1 tbsp vinegar, balsamic
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 60 g cheese, feta (goat feta if possible)
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add green beans and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut beetroot into wedges (roughly 8 wedges per beetroot, smaller ones can be cut into 4 or 6 wedges). Place into serving bowl.
- Add cooled beans and walnuts to the beetroot and toss gently.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt (optional). Toss again.
- Crumble feta over the top and serve.
- 1 ½ serves vegetables
- ¾ serve fat