Black Beans, Rice and Vegetables
A delicious, plate modelled vegetarian meal.
Servings: 4 people
- 700 g beans, black, canned drained and rinsed
- 200 g rice, brown uncooked
- 1 onion, brown finely diced
- 2 clove garlic crushed
- 400 g tomato, diced, canned
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 200 g snow peas ends removed
- 200 g beans, green ends removed
- 2 tbsp oil, olive
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute until the onion is soft. Add the black beans, taco seasoning and tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for a furthur 5 minutes or until the sauce slightly reduces and thickens.
- Blanch the vegetables (broccolini, snow peas, beans) by sitting them in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Serve each plate with a portion of rice, black beans and vegetables. Enjoy!
Whole foods: 80% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serve vegetables
Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 585mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 15g | Calcium: 172mg