This Chicken with Creamy Sauce recipe is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Laura! We added some extra vegetables to ensure it’s plate modelled and made recommendations for the number of serves it creates to ensure it’s well portion controlled. We also added the nutritional content.
Chicken with Creamy Sauce
- 600 g chicken 3 x large chicken breasts
- ½ tbsp oil, olive
- 2 bunch asparagus, fresh
- 360 g beans, green ends removed
- 1 bunch broccolini
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup marsala fortified wine
- 1 ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ cup cream, lite
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
White Bean Puree
- 2 can beans, cannellini, canned (2x 400g tins)
- ⅓ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- ¼ bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh finely chopped
- Cut the chicken breasts in halves lengthways through the breast to create thin breast fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- Place white bean puree ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Then puree with a stick/hand blender or fork.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium/high heat and cook chicken on each side until golden.
- Remove chicken and set aside to rest.
- Return the pan used to cook the chicken to the stove, add water, marsala and mustard and simmer for 1-2 minutes over low heat until it reduces - stir constantly.
- Add cream and simmer for 30 seconds, then add lemon juice and simmer until thickened (about 1 minute). Season to taste.
- Rinse asparagus , green beans and broccolini in water, shake off excess water and microwave in microwave proof bowl for 2-3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Plate up chicken, bean puree, and green vegetables with the sauce.
- Enjoy with lemon wedges and parsley sprinkled on top.
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serve vegetables