This Creamy Chicken Pasta is a #HubSquad submission from one of our lovely members Alexia! We suggested a slight increase in pasta to match our carbohydrate serves and articulated the vegetable amounts to ensure 2.5 serves of veg from each serve. We’ve also added the nutritional content.
Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 200 g pasta, high fibre Vetta pasta brand (raw pasta weight)
- 400 g chicken, breast diced, can swap for chicken thigh
- 250 g cheese, ricotta, low fat
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 zucchini (390g) made into zoodles or chopped
- 1 broccoli (250g) cut into florets
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and fry in some olive oil spray. Be careful not to overcook.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the zucchini and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add the broccoli florets.
- Stir through the ricotta and heat through.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and grate in lemon rind. Stir through the cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among 4 serving plates and enjoy!
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 2 ½ serve vegetables