I have a love/hate relationship with social media.
Some days I hate it. The opinions. The comparison. The pressure. The overstimulation of my poor brain.
Other days I love it. Especially when it come up with the goods. Like this delicious Dark Choc Pomegranate recipe idea that I came across on Instagram that I just had to re-share.
This recipe is a great example of creating balance, by pairing a high energy, low nutrient favourite food (chocolate) with a lower energy, high nutrient food (fruit) – like pomegranate! Oh the sweet/sour pops within the creamy cocoa – so good!
You can, by all means, enjoy chocolate, without guilt, without having to add fruit, however, I find that this little action can help you start to break all or nothing thinking and may progress to enjoying ALL foods without guilt and finding the balance that’s right for you.
Original recipe from Instagram @maxiskitchen.
Dark Choc Pomegranate
- 100 g chocolate, dark melted
- ½ pomegranate peeled
- Line a baking tray with backing paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl in 3x 30 second microwave intervals, stirring in between.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the pan so it is about ½ cm thick.
- Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds. Place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and roughly cut into chucks. Serve and enjoy!
- ¾ carbohydrate serve
- ¼ fruit. serve