Feta, Walnut and Grape Salad
This refreshing salad makes the best of delicious summer produce. It's an easy light meal to prepare.
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g potato, red variety, small skin on, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 200 g cheese, feta Danish, crumbled
- 140 g walnuts, raw crushed (1 cup)
- 2 cup grapes cut into halves
- 1 cucumber, any sliced into thin strips
- 1 lettuce, baby cos finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, red cut into strips
- ⅛ bunch parsley, flat leaf, fresh
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp oil, olive extra virgin
- Add the cubed potatoes to a medium saucepan and cover with water. Place the saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat and bring it to the boil. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until soft. Alternatively, place the potatoes in a microwave dish, cover with water and a lid and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes, depending on your microwave oven.
- Whilst the potato is cooking, prepare the salad dressing. Combine the parsley, lemon juice and olive oil into a small bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Once the potato is cooked, drain the potatoes. Combine the potatoes, lettuce, capsicum, cucumber, grapes and walnuts into a large bowl and toss together.
- Separate this salad between 4 serving plates or bowls. Top each serve with a generous sprinkle of feta.
- Pour the dressing over each bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Whole foods: 70% 1 serve of this recipe provides:
- ½ serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 ½ serve vegetables
- ½ serve fruit
- 2 ½ serve fat
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fiber: 12g