Fish, Couscous and Salad
A seafood spin on your typical 'meat and 3 veg' meal.
Servings: 2 people
- 400 g fish, fillet, white
- 100 g couscous, wholemeal, dry
- 40 g pine nuts
- 2 cup lettuce, leaves, mixed
- 1 cucumber, Lebanese small, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, common small, cut into 8ths
- 1 tbsp vinegar, balsamic
- 1 tsp stock, powder, chicken
- Heat a non-stick pan over med-high heat. Add the fish fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from the heat onto a dinner plate, cover with foil and allow to rest.
- To make the couscous, place it into a heat proof bowl along with the chicken stock powder. Cover with boiling water and stir until the stock powder dissolves. Allow to sit for 3-4 minutes until all the water dissapears. Fluff with a fork.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Keep an eye on them you don't want them to burn,
- Serve each plate with a portion of fish, couscous and salad. Spinkled with pine nuts. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve and enjoy.
Whole foods: 100% 1 serve of of this recipe provides:
- 1 serve carbohydrate
- 1 serve protein
- 1 serve fat
- 3 serves vegetables
Calories: 541kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 190mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 308mg